TOGETHER TO BREAK THE SILENCE – SUNDAY, 16th SEPTEMBER
Marathon | 30 km | Half Marathon
"Maratona Alzheimer" traces its route among Romagna's hilly and maritime landscapes. It represents a key moment in order to spread awareness among the community and to gather funds for “Fondo Alzheimer 360°”, committed to assistance, prevention and research against Alzheimer's disease. The event is intended to promote physical training both as an effective response to the disease and as an instument of social integration.
Organised by the supervisory body of the association "Amici di Casa Insieme", with the technical support of Asd "Maratona Alzheimer", the event reaches its 7th edition. The Marathon - starting from Mercato Saraceno -, the 30-km race - starting from Borello and the 21-km one - starting from Cesena-, together with the "Marcia Alzheimer" and with the other non-competitive walks, will take place on Sunday, 16th September 2018. All competitions will end in Cesenatico, at Parco di Levante.
The marathon is part of the national FIDAL's calendar, other races, otherwise, belong to UISP's one.
1. RACES COURSES
- 42.195-km competitive Fidal's marathon called “Gran Premio Città di Cesenatico”, starting at 9.00 A.M. from Pieve di San Damiano (Viale Roma 44), in Mercato Saraceno. Meeting at the Sport Centre (Via Pertini 5 – Mercato Saraceno) at 7.00 A.M.
- 30-km competitive UISP's race, starting at 9.30 A.M. from Piazza Indipendenza, in Borello di Cesena. Meeting at the Quartiere Borello headquarters (Piazza San Pietro in Solferino 465, Borello), at 7.30 A.M.
- 21-km competitive UISP's race, starting at 10.00 A.M. from
Cesena's Orogel Stadium Dino Manuzzi. Meeting at 8:30
A.M (Via Dello Stadio - Cesena).
2. NON-COMPETITIVE WALKS (in respect of the road code)
Moreover, some non-competitive walks/races have been organised:
-Marcia Alzheimer | 16 km starting at 8.00 A.M. from Cesena's Orogel Stadium Dino Manuzzi. Meeting at 7.00 A.M. (Via Dello Stadio, Cesena)
-Walking in Cesenatico | 8 km starting at 9.30 A.M. from Cesenaticos's Parco di Levante (Maratona Alzheimer Village) and ending in the same place-
3. ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
3a. ATHLETES RESIDING IN ITALY
- Athletes aged 20 or older (including those turning 20 in 2018), both italian ones and foreigners residing in Italy, are allowed to take part in the 42,195-km competitive race, provided that they own a Fidal's membership card, a Runcard or a Runcard EPS. It is also necessary to present a valid (until 16th September 2018, at least) competitive track and field medical certificate. In addition to this Regulations, athletes will refer to FIDAL's rules.
- Athletes aged 18 or older (including those turning 18 before 16th September 2018), both italian ones and foreigners residing in Italy, are allowed to take part in the 30-km and in the 21-km Uisp's competitive races, provided that they own a Uisp's card, a FIDAL's one, a Runcard or another sport association membership card. It is also necessary to present a valid (until 16th September 2017, at least ) competitive track and field medical certificate. In addition to this Regulations, athletes will refer to UISP's rules.
- All citizens are allowed to take part in the non-competitive walks.
ASD "Maratona Alzheimer" can provide athletes residing in Italy with Runcards and FIDAL's and UISP's cards, which cost 15€, 25€ and 10€, respectively. For further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Teams of wheelchair pushers and stroller runners can join all competitions, provided that they communicated their participation at the moment of the registration. Wheelchair pushers will start a minute before the competition offical beginning; stroller runners, otherwise, will start from the bottom of the group.
3b. ATHLETES RESIDING ABROAD AND FOREIGN ATHLETES
Italian or foreign athletes residing abroad which are going to take part in the competition, must present a specific competitive track and field medical certificate, according to italian laws. We provide here the form your doctor has to fill in and sign.
To take part in the competition, it is also necessary to own a Runcard (Federazione italiana's annual membership card).
ASD "Maratona Alzheimer" can provide italian and foreign athletes residing abroad with Runcards at the cost of 10 €. By means of the Runcard,
atlhetes will be able to take part in all italian competitions.
4. REGISTRATION FEES INCLUDING THE RUNNER'S KIT
€ 25,00 from 15/12/2017 to 30/04/2018
€ 35,00 from 01/05/2018 to 31/07/2018
€ 40,00 from 01/08/2018 to 31/08/2018
€ 50,00 from 1/09/2018 to 12/09/2018
€ 25,00 from 15/12/2017 to 30/04/2018
€ 30,00 from 01/05/2018 to 31/07/2018
€ 35,00 from 01/08/2018 to 12/09/2018
€ 15,00 from 15/12/2017 to 30/04/2018
€ 20,00 from 01/05/2018 to 31/07/2018
€ 25,00 from 01/08/2018 to 12/09/2018
N.B. Registration fees for all competitive races will be calculated according to the payment date and not according to the date in which registration form has been sent. In addition to the proof of payment, a competitive track and field medical certificate is required.
4a. SPECIAL PRICES: special agreements are available for the following categories:
- TEAMS (10 atlhetes, at least), by using the teams registration form, each athlete will get a 5€ discount, applicable on the total charge, that will dipend on the registration date. It is necessary to download the teams registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to get the total price and, thus, proceed with the payment by transfer.
- WHEELCHAIR PUSHERS, by using the teams registration form, it will be possible for wheelchair pushers to enjoy flat rates over different distances (Marathon 20,00 €, 30-km race 15,00 €, 21-km race 10,00 €). It is necessary to download the teams registration form and send it to email@example.com, in order to get the total price and, thus, proceed with the payment by transfer.
- ATHLETES OWNING A CIP (Comitato Italiano Paralimpico) CARD AND THEIR GUIDES, free registration;
- ATHLETES REGISTERED AT THE SUPER MARATHON CLUB, flat rates over different distances (Marathon 25,00 €, 30 km 25,00 €, 21 km 15,00 €);
4b. LAST MINUTE REGISTRATION: on Saturday, 15th September, from 02.00 P.M. to 07.00 P.M., at the Maratona Alzheimer Village (Cesenatico's Parco di Levante) and on Sunday, 16th September, up to 15 minutes before the competitions start, at each competition starting point, it will be possible - until bibs are exhausted - to REGISTER AT THE LAST MINUTE, at an additional cost of 10 €, in relation to the last fee (Marathon 60,00 €, 30 km 40,00 €, Half Marathon 35,00 €).
4c. Registration fees for the three competitive races include:
- race bib,
- chip (to be returned on the arrival, at the Maratona Alzheimer Village, at the specific points. In case of non-restitution, athletes will have to refund a 20€ amount).
- Runner's kit,
- pacemaker service for the Marathon,
- timing service,
- refreshments along the route,
- medical assistance along the route,
- personal sponge, provided before the competition starts,
- sponge stations along the route,
- supply for sponging along the route,
- shuttle bus service and bags storage,
- physiotherapy service,
- "Non Solo Pasta Party",
- shower service,
-certificate of participation,
- shipping of your results,
- photographic service.
N.B. Registration fees do not include pre- or post- competition shuttle buses; on the contrary, transport service must be required at the moment of the registration, at a cost of 2 €.
5. HOW TO REGISTER
- Online registration
You can register through the following portal: www.enternow.it or through this site "SIGN UP" section, paying by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or by bank transfer (fees at payer's charge).
- Paper registration
Paper registration must be done by printing and filling in the dedicated FORM (Competitive races registration) and carrying out the payment in favour of A.S.D. "MARATONA ALZHEIMER" (reason: "Maratona Alzheimer" Registration + athlete's name and surname).
- Bank transfer: IBAN: IT 83 I 02008 67850 000104187998 (bank fees at participant's charge)
- Postal account: IBAN: IT 75 A 07601 13200 001036035044
- Postal order: Bank account number 1036035044
Moreover, your paper
registration form, a proof of payment and a valid competitive
track and field medical certificate must be sent:
- by post: Timing Data Service S.r.l. – via delle Macchine, 14 – 30038 SPINEA (VE)
- by fax: +39 041 50 88 657
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of missing required documentation (please see section ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION), your registration will be cancelled
5a. REGISTRATION CHECK AND CONFIRMATION
You can verify the success of your registration just clicking here.
5b. REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Athletes will be able to register for the competitions until Wednesday, 12th September 2018, 12:00 P.M.
Foreign athletes residing abroad can enrol for the races until Saturday, 8th September 2018, 12:00 P.M.
For last minute registrations see paragraph 4a.
5c. TRANSFER OF REGISTRATION FEES
Participation fees are not refundable. Anyway, it is possible to transfer the registration to another race or athlete or postpone the enrolment to the next "Maratona Alzheimer" edition, by paying a 5 € administrative fee, until Monday, 10th September 2018.
6. RACE BIBS DISTRIBUTION AND DELIVERY
Bibs numbers will be assigned in chronological order.
Attention! Before receiving their race bibs, all athletes must provide a valid identity document and a Fidal's membership card. In order to to take part in the 30-km and 21-km competitions, athletes not owning a Fidal's card must also present a competitive track and field medical cetificate. Race bibs delivery is not expected for sport groups or societies.
- "Maratona Alzheimer" participants (Mercato Saraceno - Cesenatico) shall personally collect their race bibs at Cesenatico's Parco di Levante, on Saturday, 15th September 2018, from 02:00 P.M. to 07.00 P.M. or on Sunday, 16th September 2018, from 7:00 A.M. to 08:30 A.M., at Mercato Saraceno's sport centre, in Via Pertini 5, a.
-(Borello - Cesenatico) 30-km race participants will be able to collect their bibs on Satuday, 15th September 2018, from 02:00 P.M. to 07:00 P.M., at Cesenatico's Parco di Levante or on Sunday, 16th September 2018, from 07:30 A.M. to 9:00 A.M., at Borello's Piazza San Pietro, in Solferino 465.
-(Cesena - Cesenatico) 21-km race participants will be able to collect their bibs on Satuday, 15th September 2018, from 02:00 P.M. to 07:00 P.M. at Cesenatico's Parco di Levante or on Sunday, 16th September 2018, from 08:30 A.M. to 9:30 A.M., at Cesena's Orogel Stadium Dino Manuzzi.
7. RUNNER'S KIT
All competitive races Runner's kit will contain a technical t-shirt of the event and some products offered by the marathon partners, together with a FOOD STAMP. T-shirts sizes assorted (XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL-3XL man / XS-S-M-L-XL woman) until exhaustion.
8. PARTICIPATION MEDAL
A participation medal will be given to all athletes taking part in the
42-km, in the 30-km and in the 21-km competitions.
-Athletes which booked their journey through Cesenatico Turismo will be directly picked up in front of their hotels, from 6.30 A.M to 7.00 A.M. (guests will be informed about the exact time by their hotel staff).
-The organisation will put at all athletes' disposal - upon previous request (at the moment of the registration) only and at a cost of 2€ - shuttle buses from Cesenatico to Cesena, Borello and Mercato Saraceno. Shuttle buses will depart, approximately, at the following schedules; before the races:
Marathon: 06:00 A.M. - 06:15 A.M. – 06:30 A.M.
30 km: 06:45 A.M. - 07:00 A.M. – 07:15 A.M.
21 km: 07:30 A.M.– 07:45 A.M. – 08:00 A.M.
after the competitions:
Marathon: 02:30 P.M - 03:30 P.M - 04:30 P.M
30 km: 02:00 P.M - 03:00 P.M - 04:00 P.M - 04:30 P.M
21 km: 12.30 A.M - 01:00 P.M. - 01:30 P.M. - 02.00 P.M - 02:30 P.M
The exact shuttle buses departure time will be communicated a few days before the event, according to the requests received.
9a. SHUTTLE BUSES DEPARTURE
Buses will depart from Cesenatico's public swimming pool parking area, in Via Saffi 181, between Parco di Levante entry and the swimming pool itself.
10. BAGS STORAGE
Before buses departure, athletes will be able to leave their own bags, with their personalised label (contained in the technical case), on bags-storage-arranged buses. Bags will be returned on the arrival, at Parco di Levante, by showing the bib number to our staff.
11. PACE MAKER
Groups of race assistants, which will run the Marathon at constant pace (to reach the finish line in the following times: 3.00 – 3.15 – 3.30 – 4.00 – 4.30 – 5.00), will remain at athletes' disposal throughout the whole competition.
12. TIMING CHIPS
- 3 distances times calculation:
- arrival esteem for all of the races (on the same destination point), in order to calculate each athlete's time.
- ranks production and printing: general males and females rank, categories ranks (10-mile times, in alphabetical order).
- publication of the event results, on www.tds-live.com
- validation of the results by the Technical Delegate or by the Appeal judge.
- athletes that will not be detected by the springboard sensors - positioned along the route - will be disqualified.
13. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
-real-time delivery of the final result, via SMS and/or e-mail, to all athletes that previously provided their telephone number and/or e-mail address.
-real-time publication, on www.tds-live.com (in the specific section), of all of the above-written timing calculations, together with data transimission through GPRS/UMTS devices, at TDS expense.
-all athletes will be able to download their participation certificate from the official event website.
14. MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
Medical assistance will be guaranteed along the entire race course.
Athletes having difficulties in carrying out the race can put themselves in contact with our aid staff or stop at refreshment areas (one every 5 km).
Physiotherapy and therapeutic massages services are available on arrival, at Cesenatico's Parco di Levante.
15. MAXIMUM TIME
Marathon time limit has been set for 6 hours.
16. WITHDRAWAL POLICY
Athletes which will abandon the competition near to refreshments points, will be able to reach arrival area by shuttle buses.
17. SHOWER SERVICE
Until 3.00 P.M., athletes will be able to use Cesenatico's public
swimming pool changing rooms and showers.
18. AFTER THE RACE
Athletes taking part in the Marathon and in the 30-km and 21-km races which will regularly reach the finish line, will be rewarded with an official race medal.
Ranks verified by the race judges and from which
athletes may find information about the prizegiving (that will occur during the
event), will be printed and posted.
19. CATEGORIES AND INDIVIDUAL PRIZES
- Fidal's marathon males and females categories: under 35, M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, Over 65.
Rewards for the “Gran Premio Città di Cesenatico” 42-km marathon, for both males and females categories, are: GUARANTEED PECTORAL NYCM19 * in the first placed runner, HALF MARATHON PACKAGE of BERLIN 2019 ** in the second placed runner and 2019'S ROME MARATHON BIB in the third placed runner.
Moreover, the fifth placed runner of each category will obtain local products from the event partners and sponsors.
Moreover, the first man and the first woman to reach the intermediate detection sensors (Borello's P.zza Indipendenza and Cesena's Dino Manuzzi Stadium) will be rewarded with the "GRAN PREMIO BORELLO" and the "GRAN PREMIO CITTA’ DI CESENA" prizes.
-30-km Uisp's race males and females categories: Amateurs 18-39, Veterans A 40-49, Veterans B 50-59, Veterans C Over 60.
The 30-km Uisp's race third placed runner (in both males and females categories) and the fifth placed runner of each category will be rewarded with local products.
Moreover, the first man and the first woman to reach the intermediate finish line - at the Dino Manuzzi Stadium - will be rewarded with the "GRAN PREMIO CITTA’ DI CESENA" prize.
-21-km Uisp's race males and females categories: Amateurs 18-39, Veterans A 40-49, Veterans B 50-59, Veterans C Over 60.
The 21-km Uisp's race third placed runner (in both males and females categories) and the fifth placed runner of each category will be rewarded with local products.
N.B. The first three placed runners are excluded from categories prizes; unclaimed rewards will be gathered by Onlus "Amici di Casa Insieme".
Possible complaints must be presented according to FIDAL's and R.T.I.'s regulations.
21. IMAGES COPYRIGHT
Registering for "Maratona Alzheimer" 7th edition, athletes explicitly authorize organisers, sponsors and media partners to use still or moving images in which they may appear, world-widely and through all canals and medias, including promotional and/or advertising stuff, for the period laws and regulations allow, including possible extensions.
22. PHOTOGRAPHIC SERVICE
Photographs of the competitions will be put at participants' disposal. The modalities of purchaising the photographs will be communicated subsequently.
23. PRIVACY AND LIABILITY
Registering for "Maratona Alzheimer", athletes declare to be entirely aware of the present regulation, to accept it and to exonerate organisers from any liability, both civil or criminal, and from any damage to people and/or things athletes might cause, directly or indirectly. All participants must observe the italian Road Code.
24. REFERENCE REGULATIONS
In addition to this Regulations, athletes will refer to FIDAL's and G.G.G.'s technical statutory rules.
25. LAST WARNINGS
The Organisation reserves itself the right to modify, at any time, any clause of the present Regulations, for any reason that may result opportune in order to better organise the competitions, after communicating the potential changes to FIDAL and obtaining the federation approval.
* Non-transferable premium, to be combined with a B2R package - HOTEL - min. 3 nights - as the catalog, reservation and confirmation before 29/03/2019.
** Guaranteed pectoral + 2 nights in hotel, non-transferable premium, reservation and confirmation before 31/01/2019.
Thanks to your donation, a young researcher will be able to dedicate himself to the study of
the cerebral alterations that occur at the cellular level before Alzheimer's symptoms appear, in order
to develop possible therapeutical interventions to counter the disease.